Return to the Wine Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for wine grapes

Posted by forestelves (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 16, 06 at 16:00

I can't find a catalog that sells any only table grapes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for wine grapes

are you looking for the vines or just the grapes?

o

Here's a spot that sells wine grape vines. If you are looking for grapes to make your own wine try this google: buying wine grapes. It turned up a lot of source info.

Here is a link that might be useful: wine grape vines

o

Try eBay. I bought some Zinfandel vines there not long ago.

o

• Posted by
    otomato-o
    (gw:otomato-o) on
    Sun, Mar 26, 06 at 21:29

How did you do with those zinfindel vines? Did it take a good 2-3 years to get them up and coming? What is the yield per grapevine?

I am just DYING to add a bunch of concord grapevines to my suburban 'FARM" along with with the rest of the stuff i grow here, but i am hesitant, as i fear they will freeze over the harsh winters here in chicago..they are not CHEAP to buy..

Who in zone 5 has a good grape crop?

r.

o

WHERE IS ZONE 5?

o

Sunflower123, zone 5 is a ways north of you ... it's anywhere where the winter temperatures are -10 to -20 degrees F.

Haven't had any luck with wine grapes up here yet - I know that there are some vineyards that have successful plantings of Seyval and maybe some Cabernet Franc near me but I don't know where they got their plantings.

Here is a link that might be useful: USDA Zone map

o

Try the St. Francois Vineyard.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nursery

o
Another Nursery

I have ordered from Double A as well. The vines are awsome.

Here is a link that might be useful: Double A

o

I ordered my vines this year from Double A too. The nice thing about them is they have a huge variety to choose from and there is no minimum quantity required. I bought 3 vines of 5 varieties.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wine Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here