Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Slidng patio doors

Posted by jasperdog (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 23:16

There's a lot of information on here about windows, but not so much about patio doors. We are looking at fiberglass windows and patio doors. The patio doors will be 8ft tall. Our local Marvin rep says we would not be happy with the Integrity All-Ultrex door due to flimsiness and difficulty/noisiness when opening and closing. He suggests that the Wood-Ultrex is a better quality door. Anyone have any experience with these doors?

We are also looking at Inline. How are their patio doors? We do not have a local dealer, so can not see or try one out in person.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Slidng patio doors

I don't have any inclination to think that the wood/ultrex combo is any more solid but it is worlds prettier.

Andersen makes a nice door in wood.

Are you set on wood, fiberglass, etc or is vinyl a consideration?

o

I would like to go all fiberglass. The house design is fairly modern and I like the idea of not having to finish or refinish wood trim. Plus it's one more decision I would have to make - stain or paint? What color? If I do all fiberglass it eliminates that decision making. Vinyl is not a consideration.

o

Look at InLine or the Marvin Infinity then.

o

WoW, Have you used the Inline doors? How smooth do they slide? Are they reasonably quiet when you open and close them?

o

jasperdog,

I haven't used the InLine door but there products are so well engineered (over engineered for that matter) that I wouldn't suspect the door to be any different.

It probably weighs a metric ton like their windows do and is built for a nuclear blast.

You will never hear more groans at our office than you do the day an InLine delivery comes in.

o

I can appreciate that. The estimate for shipping on our window and door bid is not cheap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here