Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inside mount or outside mounted plantation shutters

Posted by salilsurendran (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 22:38

Hello,
I want to install plantation shutters on my windows and I am having a hard time deciding as to whether I should go for inside mounted or outside mounted shutters. There is a certain window which is a near fireplace on which I want to install a mantle. The mantle is going to come almost all the way upto the window. The window has a depth of 5" and I was wondering if I can install inside mounted shutters on it. The other windows have 3" to 3.5" inch window sills. I had two questions:
1. How much clearance is needed on the walls to install inside mounted shutters? I don't mean how much should the depth of windows be but how much area should be free around the wall surrounding the windows?
2. What looks better inside mounted or outside mounted? Any videos or pictures that shows the difference?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inside mount or outside mounted plantation shutters

If you have the depth, inside is best.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here