Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mydreamhome_gw

Jeld-Wen Traditions Plus or M&W Freedom 800 Series?

mydreamhome
14 years ago

OK, I've tried and tried to make the Jeld-Wen Siteline EX windows work for my budget of $28,404, but it just isn't working. We're over by approximately $8,500. We've got some "special" windows/doors that have driven the cost up: 3 sets of fixed french doors 2 with rectangle transoms & 1 with 1/2 round transom, 1 functioning set of french doors with transom, 1 set of functioning doors no transom, 2 sets of twin arched casements, 1 set of arched french casements, 2 sets of twin casements with transoms, 2 double hungs with transoms, a picture window with rectangle transom, 2 casements with rectangle transom, 1 each of fixed round & fixed oval, 2 fixed arched, a set of 3 double hungs topped with a 3 part arched transom, and 17 just plain double hungs. This is the whittled down list-we started out $15,000 over budget.

One option is to try pricing the Jeld-Wen Traditions Plus (formerly Caradco).

The other option is to go with a vinyl clad wood window with the M&W Freedom 800s.

Anyone have any experience with both of these brands? What type of price difference can I expect with each as compared with the J-W Siteline pricing? Will the vinyl discolor on the M&Ws? What is the quality comparison J-W Siteline vs. J-W Traditions & M&W Freedom 800s, J-W Traditions vs. M&W Freedom 800s? We plan to live with these windows for the next 50 years--will these windows hold up? Any other comments on these 2 brands are most welcome.

Thanks for any insight you can give!

Comments (3)