Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why are the windows I want not sold in my region?

Posted by NMJoe (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 20:30

I live in Albuquerque, NM, and the window choices, especially in vinyl, are very limited. Why is it that the top choices (as described in this forum) are not sold in my state, or even in the SW region? I live in the high desert at 6,000 feet of elevation where temperatures get down to the single digits in the winter, while hitting over 100 degrees several times in the summer, not to mention our high winds. These really are challenging environmental conditions so why are the likes of Okna, Sunrise,Softlite, HiMark, Gorell, etc., not represented in the SW United States? For the most part, we have some real crap here when compared to the aforementioned brands. I recently looked at the Sunrise Essentials website, in detail, and was blown away by its construction and features. Instead, for vinyl, I can have my choice of the locally manufactured window brands, Simonton, or Milgard. Please help me understand why these top-tier companies have not entered our market.

Thanks,

Joe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why are the windows I want not sold in my region?

Joe,

Windows are somewhat regional and for the most part, the upper NE and colder regions of the country seem to have a more dedicated focus on making and necessitating the supremely good performing windows that are out there.

Albuquerque certainly has weather and windows that would call for a well performing and airtight window but as you mentioned, there just doesn't seem to be as much representation there.

Once you get over the Rockies and at high elevations, that thins the herd of windows that will even ship to that location.

Anlin, Amerimax, and Milgard are all pretty well thought of brands on the West Coast too.

o

Thank you, WOW. I always appreciate your feedback and expertise!

Joe

o

My pleasure Joe.

Keep us updated on the project and let us know what you are able to locate.

WoW

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here