Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mmarse1

Okna Windows

mmarse1
14 years ago

i decided to go with the Okna 800 series double hung windows with double pane lowE and argon gas. we paid about 580 per window. another Okna dealer was about the same price but we went with the first contractor. we also saw Gorell which we like alot as well and Elements which we liked as well. we also saw a company that advertised windows for 189 installed but after seeing the window it was obvious that it was total junk and the company only uses that window to get into your home and sell a much more expensive window that still was lower quality.

the Okna was very high quality,highly engineered and seemed to have the best performance numbers.the Gorell and Elements windows were very nice and high quality as well. Our Install went very well,it was all done from the inside of our home. they used foam insulation rather than fiber glass. We are very happy with our decision and we learned alot from the Pro's on this board. One piece of advice for other home owners,beware of window companies offering windows at very low prices. that will be a very costly mistake..spend the extra money for something that will last. have a wonderful holiday season.

Comments (6)

• somerset_2009
    14 years ago

We paid about the same,$590 per window. the 800 series is a nice window and we noticed a big difference in comfort.
    we also looked at some other window companies and immediately scratched off those "$249" per window as they were obviously very low quality windows. we are holding off on a bow window for a while due to some construction we are having done and we don't want to ruin a new bow. we are looking at the woodgrain interior Okna offers which we though was very pretty. good luck and welcome to the new window club!

• mmarse1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

we just had our new Okna 800 series windows installed. very happy thus far. its been very cold and windy which serves as the perfect proving ground for new windows. The Okna's definitely passed all tests; no drafts,no air infiltration. the guys also did a great install and capped all of our windows with aluminum. as i said in my original post,we looked at much cheaper windows but came to the logical conclusion that cheap windows become very expensive when you have to replace them again in a few years.
    thanks for all the knowledge i gained from this site.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    14 years ago

That is a very aggressive price and a great window.

Congrats and thanks for the follow up.

• queensinfo
    12 years ago

mmarsel- do you know of major homes corp? they are giving me an estimate on Okna windows next week.

• mmarse1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

no, dont know about them. i can tell you most of their dealers are reutable.
    as for the window, its very solid. i saw all the junk/cheap windows from MI Windows, united, alside, and silverline. all were very flimsy and looked cheap. when i saw the okna 800 envirostar, i loved it. its a very nice looking window. very solid and doesnt look like a run of the mill vinyl window. i did notice a big difference on my energy bills as well.

• giantcrazy
    12 years ago

queenskitchen - do you mind posting a follow-up on your Okna quote with Major? I'm looking at the same windows and contractor, would love to hear your experiences both with the window and the install.

They sound like a solid outfit, but they claim they don't put insulation in when they install the windows, which gives me pause.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville