Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
changeling_gw

Price Double hung windows and install price?

changeling
16 years ago

I contacted company named as the worlds largest builder of replacement windows with a very good window according to the experts. These are Vinyl windows.

I received a price (there recommended installer) of $700.00 each for normal sized windows (DH) installed! Is this the normal pricing structure for good vinyl windows or any windows for that matter?

I would really appreciate answers concerning this. If further info is needed please ask.

Changeling

Comments (7)

• mhays21
    16 years ago

There is thousands of vinyl windows out their. three important factors are air infilteration, framing r-value, and glass. If you live up north you want a triple pane window. In the south you want a double pane. You can get a better solar heat gain. $700 hundred is high. What people don't understand is all companies are 25-40% markup value. The best window in north or south is a company called Sunrise. They care a triple and double. By NFRC they beat all te top brands in every rating. Don't pay more than $600. Always negotiate. Give them A price. I have been in Home improvement sales all my life. I have sold Simoton, Gorell, champion, great lakes, alside(window world, piece of sh--!)and sunrise. The window is amazing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Site

• User
    16 years ago

What are you replacing and why are you replacing them?

• changeling
    Original Author
    16 years ago

mhays21 thanks for your reply. The window I was talking about is made by a company called "Schuco" supposedly they are the largest maker of windows in the world. It has a great recommendation from another web site but 1 of the people there also gave me a lecture on how these companies had it so rough and $700.00 was a decent price, I think he is nuts!

I don't know anything about Sunrise but I will check them out.
    Changeling

• Michael
    16 years ago

Sunrise is good, but it's not the best. They need to switch to Super Spacer before they can be the best.

Michael

• mhays21
    16 years ago

Sunrise uses xledge spacer from cardinal glass, which has the lowest failure rate in the industry. I never said sunrise was the best. but i have yet to see a window statistically better. If there is I love to learn about new product.

• changeling
    Original Author
    16 years ago

So. how do Sunrise windows compare to Pella, Symington, and all the national brands that are normally recognized by everyone.
    I am especially interested in Bay/Bow windows?

Changeling

PS. I emailed the Sunrise company for complete literature and have yet to hear back from them by conformation email. It has been only a couple of days, but still!

• needwindows
    16 years ago

mhays21 do you have any documents that confirm this? I would like to see them.

Quote" from mhays21
    Sunrise uses xledge spacer from cardinal glass, which has the lowest failure rate in the industry.
    Quote"