Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking info on Alside Insignia e2 windows from Apex Energy

Posted by rvmeush (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 17:23

Got a solicitation from Apex Energy Solutions about a "special promotion" for replacement windows for my house in the Denver area. I have seen others post about such specials, but I have also seen some decent reviews for Alside windows. I'm trying to find out about the Alside Insignia e2 windows being offered in the promotion. The Alside website doesn't list this model but the salesman said they were better than Alside's Excalibur window model - which is listed on the Alside website. The cost per window is about $650. Can anyone provide info or advice on this Alside model and price? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking info on Alside Insignia e2 windows from Apex Energy

You say you've ween decent reviews of Alside windows??? Where on earth did you find that?
The only decent Alside window is the one you are referring to; Apex which is also known as the 8000 series and only available to a few dealers.

o

Stating that a window is "better than the Excalibur" would probably not qualify as a distinguishing remark.

Ask the company for the thermal and structural data.

You will be able to really separate the window on that criteria.

o

Did you end up going with Apex and the Insignia e2 window? I got a similar solicitation. Seems like a quality window but what's holding me back is it is manufactured by Alside who have got a lot of bad reviews. If anyone has any feedback would be greatly appreciated

o

I had an Apex salesmen stop by and tried to sell me an Alside insignia window. His pitch was that they wanted to use my house as promo and wil install the window for free and sell me the window for cost price. The quote was 600 per window for 22 windows. Am I getting ripped off?? They are giving lifetime warranty on labor and window...

o

Would you be interested in buying a bridge? I have one in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap. Same deal...........

o

I got the same pitch. After some research, found a lot of complaints with Alside windows. I ended up finding a company that makes the window, installs and warranties their window. That's what I recommend. I found that when there were problems everyone is pointing the finger at someone else. Seller blames installer, installer blames the manufacturer, manufacturer blames installer.

o

Pack,

Good job on the research but a company making their own window is not what I would set as the benchmark.

Mercedes does not make all the components that go into their cars but they still product a nice product.

While a nice marketing spin, most companies that I know of that make and install their own product are either fibbing about it (because they don't) or make what is an average product in the great comparison.

Don't get me wrong, not all of them do and some are stellar but in my observations are that many are average and run of the mill.

Good job on getting your research done though and getting a good product.

o

If i had to recommend anything from alside, it would only be the Insignia series...this window is only available through a few dealers.

o

Wow....Masterext...?

Never thought I would see the day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here