Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need to remove paint from metal window frames

Posted by zandra (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 27, 09 at 17:20

I have a bathroom window that the previous owner apparently painted with flat interior latex, I think it's water based as it's the same cheap flat thats covering all the other surfaces in the house. The frames have a continuous growth of black mildew which of course is gross and horrible. I've been chipping the paint off with a scraper but it's like cement, and not only is this not taking off all the paint but it's scratching the frames. Is there some kind of paint remover or technique that will work to get this stuff off?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need to remove paint from metal window frames

If the window is a a single pane glass, a heat gun will be your best option.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here