Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Okna windows in Synthetic stucco house

Posted by yogalaura (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 17:12

First of all, thanks so much to all of you who are active posters in this community. I have found this of huge help and really appreciate the feedback that you all have provided.

Here is my question. My two quotes have been from Vytex and Okna. I am leaning towards Okna 400, based on the guidance that you all have shared. (Have tons of windows to replace - 30+!)

I live in a synthetic stucco house and want to make sure that any drainage system is external. My stucco guy shared that there are some drain pans that run water between the stucco and internal wall of the house - which would obviously be really bad with our stucco home.

If any of you have guidance on what you would recommend in this situation, that would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Okna windows in Synthetic stucco house

My preference on product would be the Okna. Were you shown the 500 or 800? The 400 is very good, but the 500 is even more stout, and the 800 is about as good as it gets...
On the installation, that is something that you'll need to discuss with your installer. Both windows have the same drainage path (welded, sloped sill), so where the water goes from there is up to the installation detail.

o

Hi all,

Okna windows purchased and will be installed in a couple of weeks. Pretty excited about it! A question, my installer is recommending the caulk Hybri-sil. My stucco guy says that Tremco or NP1 is what he would recommend.

What do you all think? I live in Georgia, so we experience more heat than cold. Thanks.

o

I would put the two of them in touch with one another and have them resolve the sealant question.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here