Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trees_in_winter

Shed windows

trees_in_winter
16 years ago

I am a carpenter and I'm thinking of designing and building garden sheds. I am trying to locate the name of a manufacture of inexpensive, small windows.

Thank you

Comments (10)

• hendricus
    16 years ago

There isn't one. I built a shed this summer and made my own windows because I couldn't find a cheap window.

• galefarm
    16 years ago

You don't say where you are form there are some regional window manufacturers out there who make some inexpensive windows In New England Brosco is one some small millwork shops can make up sashes for you if you are just looking for a fixed or simple hinged window. Another option if you don't mind a cheap aluminum window is a supplier of windows for mobile homes.

• readyshed
    15 years ago

You can buy shed and playhouse windows at www.readyshed.com. They have small shed windows for about $30 bucks. They also have shed building hardware.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ready Shed small shed windows

• theresas117
    14 years ago

Shed windows can be purchased at www.shedwindowsandmore.com stating at about 25.00, plus they have all the other items you need like, shutters, flower boxes, sylights, hinges and t-handle locks. Everything at one web site, and some of the best prices on the internet, and in stock with fast delivery. You can also purchase shed packages to save money. They also have the crank out windows which are great for sheds, because you can open the windows and leave them open and the rain will not come in. These are also great for chicken coops, and out houses

Here is a link that might be useful: Shed Windows and More

• tube
    14 years ago

Look for surplus stores or window dealers back rooms. There you should be able to find some good deals.

• afsa
    14 years ago

Shed windows have long been an issue. None of the major window mfrs make a small size like what you would use in a shed. The ideas above to go to s shed part supply house is probably the best advise, unless you know someone you can get a load of vinyl double hung sample units from as they are dam near perfect size. The Brosco idea in NE is good except they will still end costing you at least a $100 each by the time you are thru.

• theresas117
    14 years ago

The major mfg don't want to make a shed window because they don't make enough money. They make their money manufacturing windows for homes and larger buildings ,energy efficient. Lets face it shed windows are not in big demand and most peple want cheap shed windows. They are going on a shed, for storage, not for living in. The website Shedwindowsandmore.com has shed windows for about 25.00. They are made for sheds, they look good, they open and the price can't be beat. There are different sizes and colors and the shipping is really fast. Why pay 100.00 for a shed window when you can pay about 25.00 for a shed window.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shed windows and more

• bobzzz1
    14 years ago

Hi, Bob here, this was a real helpful place to find shed windows. I looked at both web site and went with Shed Windows and More. There prices were much less then the other site on all the items I needed. I purchased 3 shed windows with shutters and flower boxes. I installed them and they look real good, my wife is happy which is all that matters. And the best part, I ordered on Tues and they were shipped that same day. Delivery was fast and the girl on the phone was real helpful. So I would like to recommend Shed Windows and More. com to anyone who needs shed windows. I am a very happy cutomer. Thanks for all the postings on shed windows. Bob

Here is a link that might be useful: Shed Windows and More

• rondune_verizon_net
    13 years ago

Try Atlantic Shed, lots of windows to choose from, heavy door hardware and much more. Great prices, fast shipping and excellent customer service.

Here is a link that might be useful: Atlantic Shed

• tommart
    12 years ago

I looked at the Atlantic Shed site as well as the other 2 and I made my purchase at Shed Windows and More. They have the same items, plus a whole lot more, very large selection and the prices are quite a bit less. I ordered and everything came in 2 days, packed well, no broken windows. I was very surprised at the quality of all the items I got. Excellent, if you need windows Shed Windows and More is the place to get them.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.shedwindowsandmore.com