Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curb Appeal--Window Grid Color

Posted by lsandler (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 1, 09 at 15:27

We are in the process of picking out our replacement windows and have decided on Marvin Infinity. The inside window will be white with white grids and the outside will be a cashmere color or medium-dark beige. If the outside grids are the same cashmere color, I think it may look like a grey hole. To counteract that look, I was thinking about the outside being the cashmere color window with white outside grids. My CG says most folks do the same color grids as the window but some folks change it to white.

Have you ever seen a white grid with a medium-dark beige window?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curb Appeal--Window Grid Color

I have never seen that.

I think you might be in the minority there. I might look odd in my opinion but perhaps others have seen it that way.

o

I don't think it would look right. The outside should all be the same color. However, if you have window trim, that could be a different color than the window itself and may lessen the "grey hole" effect. But I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean be "grey hole".

o

We just completed a couple of installation in a neighborhood where all the homes had wood windows painted Colonial Ivory and all the grids where white. These were the original windows. I thought it looked OK. If it was my house, I'd still probably go with grids that matched the rest of the window.

o

Thanks all for your replies. I just placed my order and I chose cashmere with cashmere grids.

I upgraded to to hi transparency screen so I am hoping it does not look like a grey hole.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here