Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window Casing or Not

Posted by keybored (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 10, 09 at 15:02

Wife and I will be building a 2000 sqft Spanish revival house - red tile roof, stucco, arched entry ways, tile floors - and are wondering whether or not to use interior window casing. Our builder suggested 4" casing, but I'm thinking maybe none at all. We plan on using interior shutters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window Casing or Not

What will you attach the shutters to?

o
RE: Window Casing or Not

I didn't think you needed casing to attach interior shutters. My guess is they attach to either inside window wall or directly outside window (through drywall into block).

I'm wondering what the "look" is for windows in a spanish revival house. I understand that narrow and vertical should be used as opposed to wide and horizontal, but I've seen nothing on interior casing. Craftsman homes generally have wide casing of 4" or more, but what about spanish revival?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here