Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurenwiz5

collapsed windows

laurenwiz5
13 years ago

I am writing for some advice from the experts that I have read on this site. I have read a lot of information about collapsed windows.....due to migration of Argon from my Andersen windows. We built our retirement home in central Wisconsin in 1993, but began living here in Sept. 2009. We had seen the condensation on our occasional visits before, but did not realize the severity of the problem until we lived here. Last Dec. I contacted Andersen and was delighted with their quick response. They informed me about the problem and acknowledged the problem in my windows. They sent a technician who drilled the windows and they have been good since. Except that they still have a fair amount of condensation - around the edges and mold develops. But mostly, I am concerned about dampness in the wood....especially on my french doors. Even to the extent that on very cold days we have frost developing right on the wood. I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had windows replaced.....what should we do get this taken care of?

Comments (2)