Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anderson A or Integrity wood/Ultrex??

Posted by zeitgast (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 13:14

What would you reccommend for a costal New England location?

Redoing a whole house-- some replacements and some new. Got a quote on the Anderson's and awaiting the Marvin quote.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anderson A or Integrity wood/Ultrex??

The Integrity wood/ultrex is a very nice choice, particularly if you want a real wood interior.

o

+1 on HomeSealed's recommendation.

o

Not sure I understand your comment HomeSealed. The Anderson A-series windows come in oak, pine and maple. Are you thinking of another series or are you saying their wood finishes are fake? Thx

o

I think the A-Series are a composite.

o

I did not mean to insinuate that the Andersen does not have a wood interior, just that the Integrity is a nice option that DOES have a wood interior considering other choices comparatively. Andersen recently changed their nomenclature (ie: Eagle windows are now E-series, etc). In the Andersen line, that (e-series) is the choice that I prefer. I do like higher end vinyl windows, but I'm not a huge fan of wood-vinyl combos. I believe that fiberglass-wood, or extruded aluminum (clad) wood are superior options.

o

Although there are some differences in how the units are constructed, like the standard Integrity, A series are fiberglass exterior with wood interior.

o

I was waiting for you to post up on the subject.

For some reason, I have a mental block on remembering what the A Series is like that.

o

WoW,

LOL!! No problem on that, I have so many mental blocks at times that there are times that I barely remember my name!

Have a wonderful Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year, my friend.

And to all, have a Joyous Holiday Season however you celebrate!!!

o

+1

Thank you.

Have a Merry Christmas and safe New Year too!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here