Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice - 911 Sliding Glass Door Install

Posted by nleve (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 11:47

I have a company which is installing Windoor brand hurricane impact sliding glass doors. The doors were to be configured xo. Unfortunately the frame came xo but the doors came ox.

The installer wants to flip the doors around and put them in as xo as desired. My concern has to do with the adjustment screws at the bottum of the doors. The adjustment screws are on the outside frame. When they reverse the doors the adjustment screws will be inside which means they cannot raise the door to the proper height with the doors installed.

They want to adjust the doors off the track and place them in. My question is what should I do. Should I require them to replace the doors. What issues may I have with them dropping the doors in versus putting them in and adjusting them.

I'm conerned that they will not be as secure as they should be cause they were not able to raise the door on the frame.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice - 911 Sliding Glass Door Install

One other thing is that now the door which opens is on the outside.

o

There is more of an issue. The door which opens is now on the outside instead of inside. Please help what are the issues associated with having the sliding door improperly on the outside.

o

Bottom line if you need Impact rated product a door not installed 100% by the manufacturers instructions will not be rated nor carry any warranty whatsoever!!! So I say no go with anything you mention as a potential fix.

o

Make them do it as ordered, you paid for it as such and it sounds like a clear oops on their part. I'm suprised you're even entertaining the idea of having a non adjustable flipped door..have you tried to open this door in your head? From the inside it would seem horribly awkward to me and possibly a security risk to boot, not even to mention the warranty as someone already did.

o

Thanks everyone for your responses. They will replaces the doors with the correct doors.

o

Sounds like the best option to me... Some doors are reversible without all of those issues, but clearly this one is not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here