Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Radius top, casement windows with gothic grills?

Posted by lexmomof3 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 11:37

I really want the gothic or cross arch, radius top windows in the dormers but I'm having a hard time finding them in a vinyl window. One is in a bedroom so it must meet egress requirements, the other two can be fixed. I really would like to do vinyl windows to save on costs and I'm leaning towards Soft-lite Pro in the almond color. The style of the gothic/cross arch window really adds a lot to the overall look but Soft-lite does not offer this option as far as I can tell. From what I have gathered, Ply Gym isn't as good as Soft-lite. Is there really that big of a difference between the quality of the two? I'm looking at the Pro version of each. Are there any others that offer a similar window? I don't think I can go with a double hung and radius top transom without making the dormers larger because of the egress issue. This is a picture of the windows I like.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Radius top, casement windows with gothic grills?

Here's the house we're building.

o

You can get them in a tilt and turn.

We did a set and the customer loved them.

o

WOW - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that window! Who makes that one? Is it vinyl? After looking at Ply Gym again, I'm not sure that they have a single piece window like that. It looks like the ply gym window is a window with transom. Any idea on the cost? Window size (as shown for the rectangular window in the plans) is 2'8" x 4'4".

o

Radius top windows look great! We recently got champion Window to do our replacement windows, and they did a great job of it. Those were ordinary casement windows. Just call them to find out if they have the kind of windows you're looking for?

o

This post sounds a bit like...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here