Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you mix Andersen casement transoms with double hung windows?

Posted by elizawhyza (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 1, 11 at 11:20

The 1" transom windows that are designed to go with anderson tilt wash double hungs show very little glass due to the trim. Andersen casement transoms have less trim, so the glass looks taller. I will call Andersen to see if they can be used together, but wanted to see if anyone here had experience with this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you mix Andersen casement transoms with double hung windo

completely different glass sizes and sight-lines. The casements will have the frame style of a casement and the dbl hungs of a dbl hung meaning they will be completely different and not compatible at all

o
RE: Can you mix Andersen casement transoms with double hung windo

Thanks. I figured that was the case but wanted to verify. We came down to the wire for ordering, having lost a couple of days to the snow storm in late October. Our contractor ordered 1' transoms to go with our double hung windows, and the glass height is only 5". I wish we could remove the interior trim of the transoms and then replace the vertical dividers just to expose more glass. To my eye, the glass is too small in height when compared to the pane size of the double hung window below it. Live and learn....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here