Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annelisemcl

I want Okna Casement windows but the GC will only quote Anderson

annelisemcl
11 years ago

Hello all and thanks in advance for any advice. I am having a very difficult time here. Background story; we bought a ranch home 2 yrs ago and our plan is to tear down the existing garage and install an entryway, bathroom, and family/guest room using structurally insulated panels (SIPs) for the exterior walls and roof. I'v already lost one GC because when I modified from stick & frame to SIPs he wouldn't do it. Now I have another GC bidding who specializes in SIPs construction and when I affirmed I wanted pricing for Okna casement windows he just replied with quotes for Anderson windows as his 3 distributors had never heard of Okna and he was not comfortable installing a product he didn't know. What confuses me is I live outside of Philadelphia near where Okna windows are manufactured. Am I wrong to not trust this GC now? I've done my research and had Anderson casements in our old home addition and found them drafty, noisy, and troublesome. Is this wrong that this is a deal-breaker for me?

Comments (2)