Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Earthwise - anyone have experience?

Posted by Joy314 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 11:14

Hello, we are building a home and our gc gave us some options as far as windows and one he mentioned was Earthwise. I can't find much about them in regards to reviews. I do know they are a group of businesses that together developed this window brand. Anyone have any experience? We are building in CT, if that helps.
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Earthwise - anyone have experience?

They build and okay product but nothing remotely premium in comparison to what is out there.

I am guessing that vinyl is the choice you are going with?

There are some really nice vinyl options out there today and building the home from the ground up, I would suggest that you spend a bit more on the window schedule and have a tighter and more efficient home.

o

Thank you windowsonwashington. Our contract has us going with Anderson 400 but the gc also mentioned Earthwise. I am guessing you would say go with Anderson, right?

o

Why andersen 400? Its basically an average window with very poor/ high air leakage numbers. The earthwise is probably better designed than the andersen.
Do you have an okna, sunrise, or quantum 2 dealer in your area?

o

It depends on which Earthwise product. They are a network of around a dozen manufacturers, and there are some that are better than others. I can say that the Innovations product by HomeGuard is a very nice option.

o

"Innovations" is a very solid window and the best by far when it comes to Earthwise.

This post was edited by mmarse1 on Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 16:08

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here