Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheerful1_gw

Marquee brand Windows

cheerful1_gw
18 years ago

Our contractor used Marquee windows and doors in our 3-season room. We've never heard of them. Our preference in the past has been Andersen. Does anyone have Marquee, and what has been your experience?

Comments (12)

• guy_exterior_man
    18 years ago

Marquee windows are made by the Phillips Company. They are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to windows unfortunately. These windows are sold to Contractors who really want to cut their costs. We installed them for five years and I can honestly say I have nothing nice to say about them in any way. Hopefully someone else out there has good things to say! They are in no way even close to Andersen's product in any way shape or form! Good Luck!!

• dlpz
    16 years ago

Cheerful1,

Just curious if you had a follow up to how you Marquee windows have held up?

Guy Exterior Man what don't you like about them? Do you think quality has changed in a year or so?

Thanks.

• guy_exterior_man
    16 years ago

I can't give you a fair answer as I haven't installed the Marquee window in a year and a half. I had so much trouble with the spiral balances ripping out of the frame. If they weren't ripping out they had to be tightened in order to keep the sash from slowly sliding down. The weeping system always seemed to plug up with something which had to be cleaned out. One out of seven windows would come out of square because of poorly cut material. One side was at least a 1/4" longer than the other. Tough squaring the window on these if you don't catch it. I can go on and on about the past experiences with that window. It wouldn't be fair if they've made some changes to better the product. I'll have to see if I can find one to look at.

• dlpz
    16 years ago

Thanks for the post!

It's really hard finding any info on these windows. I'm trying to replace some older and larger inefficient windows with some smaller efficient windows. I've also looked a Simonton. My dilemma is that I don't want to invest alot in windows as I'll probably only be living in this current house a couple years, the Marquee's have a great price point. If you can recommend some other windows over I'd greatly appreciate it!

• annatonymoo
    15 years ago

IÂm sorry to say, we had a horrible experience only a couple of weeks ago. One of the screen frames on these Phillips windows easily bent and my 2 ½ yr old granddaughter fell out from her second story bedroom window. She landed on a small metal table and actually broke one of the legs off it. ItÂs a miracle she doesnÂt have a broken neck, and is alive. To make matters worse, the family was sitting in the family room a couple of days later and they heard a crash sound. They went out to the kitchen and discovered that the sliding glass door had burst from the inside spewing glass all over the kitchen. Thank God they were all in the family room. The kids now think the house has is haunted and both my daughter and her husband are doctoring for panic attacks. See picture of the window in "photo galleries" Click on "most recent", or "archives" for 8/10/08.

• scottstewart
    15 years ago

We have been a Philips Marquee Dealer for over 5 years. We have had very few issues with these windows. They are an all vinyl product and therefore do not compete in the same segment of the market as Andersen and other clad products. However, for this price point, we had had excellent experience with these windows. We have sold and installed thousands of them on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Callbacks are rare / almost non-existent.

• Alhero
    10 years ago

Hi Scott

I know it's been a long time since you posted. I am looking for parts for my Marquee window. I understand that the complany closed in 2009.

Can you help

• mmarse1
    10 years ago

Another reason not to go with a low end , builders grade window.

• dogsonly
    6 years ago

I have had these windows over ten years and no problems or complaints.

• HU-782631431
    4 years ago

Bought our house over a year and a half ago. Home has the original Phillips Marquee windows from when it was built in 2003. no apparent aging issues on any window or 3 door walls. Opened windows to change out screens and no issues opening or closing. Feel no air leaks. Did have to replace a missing lower level door slider screen with one ordered from truvalue Hardware. Sliding screen works good.

• Windowmaster
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Im calling bs on the above post. No one would join a message board and answer a post that is at least 12 years old unless they work for the company. Its ridiculous.

it also seems that the OP was very disappointed with low end Marque windows.

• Gregory Adair
    last year

Interesting comments indeed. I just moved into a house with Philips windows installed (circa 2004-2005). Having had Milgard windows in my previous home, I feel these are significantly inferior, but understand the comment on price point and not surprised that builders would go with this line. The home inspector must have missed a few windows on inspection (they don't check them all) because now that we are painting, I have found at least 3 windows needing repair/replacement. I've heard from some of the original owners, that these windows came with a 20 year waranty, but can't find any info to support nor can I find any info on who to call to check. Anybody have any info to share?