Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

old chain runner windows

Posted by golem123 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 20, 09 at 8:36

A friend owns a vintage home with these, and as a stopgap until they can replace, suggested she put in plugs that I can remember being available for this sort of window, but cannot remember what to call them. What are they really called? They go in the holes at the top and bottom of where the chains run.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: old chain runner windows

Here is one manufacturer of window sash pulley seals.

Here is a link that might be useful: pulley seals

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here