Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bonneville window failing...help

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 3, 13 at 8:36

We put Bonneville windows in our home...what a mistake as they have since gone bankrupt. The seals on one window I have have failed and now I'm getting fogging inside the glass depending on the weather. The windows have the interior dividers as well as the applied dividers on the outside.

Can we find someone who can repair it? I hate trying to replace it with another brand as it's unlikely to match, let alone all the work that entails.

Any suggestions most appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bonneville window failing...help

Allegedly there are companies that will repair "seal failures" however in my opinion it will only be temporary fix at best but it may be worth it in your case to at least try because as you know already you cannot get a new sash from Bonneville! Check with a few local glaziers as they may know someone who does it or google "repair seal failures in insulated glass".

o

Thanks, millworkman...will do.

So frustrating. Architect wanted us to go with Eagle but we thought we could save a few bucks with Bonneville...and they had been around since 1946 so it wasn't like they were fly by night. Neighbors also ordered from them and their windows were on the truck when they went belly up. They had to pay the trucking co. directly just to get them delivered!

o

Sorry to hear of this Annie.

Try to find a good local glass shop as Grump Cat's press secretary (Millworkman) said and hopefully the issue isn't super regular.

Good luck and keep us posted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here