Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vinyl Cedar Siding

Posted by rosemarynj (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 1, 13 at 8:03

We contracted qbout a month ago to have the front of our house done in Portsmouth Cedar Shake Staggered Greystone siding. We put in contract a month ago and contractor still has not been able to get the siding. We are disappointed as wanted it done before real winter sets in. I did see that Foundry also makes this same type of siding in Greystone color. Does anyone know how Foundry compares with Portsmouth? Not even sure if contractor can get Foundry any quicker, but looking for advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vinyl Cedar Siding

I definitey prefer portsmouth. Why hasnt your contractor started your job afer a month? Im a bit confused. I just did a portsmouth job and was done within 3 weeks of signing the contract. Sounds to me like your contractor doesnt know what the heck he is doing. Try calling crane and asking them for a dealer. Your contractor sounds like a typical local ,cheap contractor who does this for beer money. Crane make portsmouth.

o

Can I ask you how much your shake siding costs? I'm trying to find a reasonably priced shake siding that is less than certainteed cedar impressions.

o

Pricing varies based on the scope of the job. A siding expert really needs to be at your house for any sort of estimate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here