Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what brand of skylight might I have?? Odd size

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 7, 09 at 23:09

I have skylights that measure 28 wide by 46" long - this is the inside- Rough measure because the tape would not stay up and the windows are too high to get at.
The roofer thought they might be Vellux because that is the most popular brand builders use. All my other windows are Anderson 200- 25 years old. I couldn't find an Anderson skylight.. These skylights open- there are two-half size screens in each skylight so you can open a screen to open the skylight.
What other brand could these be. When someone comes out with a ladder we can look closer.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what brand of skylight might I have?? Odd size

Well you have gone 25 years without the info so what is the sudden need to know?

o

What type of Flashing does the unit have step flashing or one piece curb? What does the operating hardware look like? Is it a dome(acrylic) or flat glass? Do you have any pictures available?

o

ibwindows- I want to know because I am getting a new roof and want to replace the skylights.
The roofer went up yesterday and they are 'Guardian'. I know I don't want the same kind. I found 30x46 Velux at Home Depot (special order) and they gave me a price of $470 a window. I thought that was a very good price.

o

roogh size of glass is 36x50

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here