Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pella Patio Doors - Pro line vs Thermostar /designer

Posted by patrice607 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 8, 09 at 21:41

I am looking for two 6 ft patio door to replace a couple of 25 year old Andersens. I got quotes on the Pella today from Menards and Loews. Menards price was $1,000. less than Loews. Loews calls theirs Thermostar and Menards has pro-line and designer series. I want the Kitchen door to have the blind between the glass. The family room door will go without blinds to save money. I have looks at Pellas web site and don't see any major differences between the products. This is a dark room so I want as much glass as I can get. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pella Patio Doors - Pro line vs Thermostar /designer

My advice would be to buy something other than Pella, look at the 200 series Andersen, call a local LUMBER YARD or WINDOW CENTER and see what they have, stay away from Box Stores. But again this is my OPINION take it for what it's worth, but do a search on here for Pella and see what you come up with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here