Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing Marvin Ultimate, Integrity, Infinity in same house

Posted by Jimmy27 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 11 at 21:13

We just purchased a 1917 Tudor, in poor condition, and are replacing about 80 windows. The interior casements are lovely, outside Stucco good condition around windows. Remodel calls for some new windows, but will do mostly insert replacements. We want the real wood on the interior.

We are thinking of using Ultimate Insert Replacement in the main rooms, Integrity for the new windows, and Infinity for the basement and third floor.

The rep told us they should't be mixed in the same house because they will look noticeably different from inside and outside. I had read they were meant to be mixed. Trying to save money where I can. Does anyone who uses or works with Marvin regularly have an opinion about our proposal to mix them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing Marvin Ultimate, Integrity, Infinity in same house

While not designed to all be matching, Intgrity and Ultmate's are often used together and work and look just fine. While I am not certain about Infinity I am certain the design was made for the look to be similar.

o
RE: Mixing Marvin Ultimate, Integrity, Infinity in same house

The only thing similar are the colors. These are three very different windows. They should not be in close proximity to each other, same room and same elevation (unless you are mixing doors and windows) in my estimation.
With this in mind, I would look at your home window by window to see where this would work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here