Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wincore Windows

Posted by Patriot78 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 21, 11 at 21:12

Does anyone have a review or information on the Wincore 7700 series sold by Sears as Weather beater PLUS/ MAX. I know that the MAX is different since it has a laminate in it. I have about 10 double hung windows, (average size 34 X 58) and one 3 lite 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 slider (72 x 58). I was quoted a price of about 11 K for the MAX windows. The Wincore windows appear to be a fine product but I can't find much information.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wincore Windows

I would suggest you find a Wincore Dealer and get another estimate for comparison purposes. Wincore is a decent mid-grade window.

o

Sears has told me that the advantage of using them is that they have better leverage with Wincore since they order such a large quantity through them. Also, the sales person stated that the windows are in the mid to upper grade of windows of this type. Now I know that this is not the top of the line by any stretch, but could they be considered on the higher end of the middle range? The salesman used the "line in the middle" approach and showed Wincore at about the 3/4 mark or about a "7" on a 1-10 scale. Any further advantage to the MAX window over the PLUS, besides a Lifetime glass package warranty and break resistance? or, should I save a few bucks and go with the PLUS? The salesman recommended MAX at ground level and PLUS for higher level windows.

o

You really should get in touch with a Wincore Dealer. Sears tends to price their windows on the high side. There are better windows available for much less.

o

Wincore is average and certainly not in the upper end as some other brands are.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here