Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patriot78

Wincore Windows

Patriot78
12 years ago

Does anyone have a review or information on the Wincore 7700 series sold by Sears as Weather beater PLUS/ MAX. I know that the MAX is different since it has a laminate in it. I have about 10 double hung windows, (average size 34 X 58) and one 3 lite 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 slider (72 x 58). I was quoted a price of about 11 K for the MAX windows. The Wincore windows appear to be a fine product but I can't find much information.

Comments (17)

• skydawggy
    12 years ago

I would suggest you find a Wincore Dealer and get another estimate for comparison purposes. Wincore is a decent mid-grade window.

• Patriot78
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sears has told me that the advantage of using them is that they have better leverage with Wincore since they order such a large quantity through them. Also, the sales person stated that the windows are in the mid to upper grade of windows of this type. Now I know that this is not the top of the line by any stretch, but could they be considered on the higher end of the middle range? The salesman used the "line in the middle" approach and showed Wincore at about the 3/4 mark or about a "7" on a 1-10 scale. Any further advantage to the MAX window over the PLUS, besides a Lifetime glass package warranty and break resistance? or, should I save a few bucks and go with the PLUS? The salesman recommended MAX at ground level and PLUS for higher level windows.

• skydawggy
    12 years ago

You really should get in touch with a Wincore Dealer. Sears tends to price their windows on the high side. There are better windows available for much less.

• mmarse1
    12 years ago

Wincore is average and certainly not in the upper end as some other brands are.

• cyherna
    8 years ago

I am looking for the best sound proof windows. We live on a very busy street.

• millworkman
    8 years ago

cyherna, why dig up a four year old post asking about "sound proof windows" on a thread that has nothing to do with "sound proof windows"?

Start your own thread and please give us more information.

• krypton
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Cyherna

The best sound reduction glass package would be laminated glass, expect to pay about 150-200 more per window though. However, it does do the job quite well so its worth it. It also adds security.

• krypton
    8 years ago

I missed that millworkman. Seems like Cyherna is trying to covertly spam.

• millworkman
    8 years ago

Exactly, and I was expecting the other shoe to have dropped by now...........

• millworkman
    8 years ago

What remarkable timing, you register today and just happen to be replacing Wincore with more Wincore, and your very happy with the product. Is it just me or...........................

• krypton
    8 years ago

Exactly, no one would ever join a forum just to tell everyone how happy they are with the window and then go the extra mile to post a link.

Nice try evilwoman1979 but we are not falling for your bs nonsense and spam.

Take your act somewhere else.

• millworkman
    8 years ago

My apologies, i was in no way trying to offend anyone. It just read little bit funny being your first post the day you register and praising a product, that was all. I am very happy you are very happy with your Wincore Windows and wish you much success with your new windows. But to be truthful, "If you place your hand on the window, or window frame during a very cold day, or a very hot day, you cannot feel those temperatures - the frames stay at room temperature" is not any way to judge the quality of a window. And I am not attempting to belittle peoples opinions and as far as me being a spammer, take a look at my history of posts and tell me where I have spammed this site even once!! I will leave it at that and not stoop to your level of attempting to insult people.

• krypton
    8 years ago

Evilwoman1979

My problem is the fact that your very first post was to tell everyone how much you like your windows. Why in the world would you join a forum Which takes a little time to do, just to tell everyone how happy you are. I can see if you were an existing member and came to the forum LOOKING FOR ADVICE, thats usually the norm.you also decided to post a link to the manufacturer which is also odd.

• krypton
    8 years ago

Evilwoman1979

Your post would have been just as suspicious had you posted something negative, . I'm sorry but your post will continue to be viewed as spam. We run a very tight ship here and have absolutely no tolerance for shameless self promotion.

• evilwoman1979
    8 years ago

Whoa! I hope that you don't work directly with people, because you come across as a bully! You are super self-centered, and you have to have control of everything, and everyone around you! Other people and their opinions don't matter to you. You are super judgmental and arrogant at that. Take a look at yourself, and the way you treat others. You weren't the original poster, anyway!

• krypton
    8 years ago

Evilwoman1979

We can not take comments from a spammer seriously, i am sorry sir.