Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clopay entry doors

Posted by _johny (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 7, 11 at 20:44

I am looking to replay my entry door and have received several quotes (including one from a retail shop). I originally wanted ProVia but I couldn't find prices online so when I got my first quote of $4500 (heritage fiberglass entry door w/fan lite, full side lite) it was a little more than I was expecting (though the $11k Longfence quoted for the exact same door was jaw dropping).

Anywho, another company carried both ProVia and Clopay (known for their garage doors) but I couldn't find much info on Clopay entry doors. According to the rep who came out, Clopay bought out an entry door manufacturer to enter the entry door market. The rep compared Clopay with Therma-Tru and recommended the ProVia but it's about a $1100 price difference.

Anyone have experience with Clopay entry doors? Know their history?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clopay entry doors

I have used their garage doors with success but I don't have any experience with their entry doors.

They produce a solid garage door so that would lead me to believe that they can make a solid entry door but I would not base a decision on that empirical data on their garage doors.

o
RE: Clopay entry doors

Yeah, almost everything online points to their garage doors except for a press release by the company saying they've started a line of entry doors.

The company seems well respected but still can't get an idea on their relatively new product.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here