Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
16 starmark okna windows new construction price?

Posted by digiweb (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 20:36

I'm in New Hampshire. I got a quote to replace 16 double hung with Starmark Okna wood interior, 6 over none, full screen, replace trim, cedar clapboard exterior. About $850 / window = $13,600.

Is that reasonable? I was hoping to come in under $10k.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 16 starmark okna windows new construction price?

It is unreasonable to think you can come in under 10K for 16 high quality windows with a wood interior including replacing the trim. Go for it.

o

skydawggy - I really appreciate your reply.

Would Andersen 400 be more in my budget?

o

I doubt it very much

o

I'd decide which window I liked first. The Starmark is a really nice window and is a cellular composite. If you like the look of the Starmark, that's what I would go with. In fact I wouldn't even consider the 2 windows comparable in terms of energy efficiency and durability.

o

Well we're all over the map now, since husband is now seeing the light on new construction installation costs. Contractors are pushing what they like, so that's what I have under consideration now.

Are all of these of a decent quality?
Harvey Majestic

Thermal Dreamwood

Okna 500 (I know this is good, it's just a question if the colors will go with our trim)

Jeld Wen SCDH2822

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here