Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Casement Window Options

numbersjunkie
9 years ago

I've been reading this forum for a while, hoping to educate myself about window options for our remodel. Our home is almost 30 years old - a cedar contemporary/transitional style located in a wooded setting. When we build the house we opted for Pella casements with wood stained interiors. We previously replaced our patio doors (original wood Atrium doors rotted out) and went with Loewen - aluminum clad with fir interiors.

We are planning a remodel of our master suite, and will likely end up replacing the large window above our tub and the 3 windows in the bedroom. We will be changing the sizes and locations of the windows, so either new construction or replacement windows would be fine. We are not positive we want to stay with stained wood interiors, but I certainly don't want anything that looks cheap and would devalue our home. We suspect that we will need to replace some or all of the rest of the Pella windows in the not too distant future.

We met with a local firm today (MD) and got some sample pricing on several of the Marvin lines and also Okra. What other brands should we consider? I was thinking Anderson 400's and Loewen.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments (4)