Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soft-lite windows for new construction - help educate me please.

Posted by lexmomof3 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 19:25

I'm seriously considering Soft-lite windows for a new build. There is only one dealer in the area but they don't do a lot of these windows so I don't find them incredibly helpful. They don't even have a display but they're trying to get one along with the sample colors. I know most wouldn't recommend a company with so little experience with the brand but I don't have a lot of other options on good quality vinyl windows and they have a variety of colors that other vinyl products don't offer. Most builders are using MW, MI or silver line windows, even in $600k+ houses. My builder is fine with using the windows I choose but I need to educate myself on the product line and I'm hoping someone can just help me narrow it down by telling me which ones are for new construction, and of those, which ones do you recommend. I'm in SC if that makes a difference. Thank you so much for the help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soft-lite windows for new construction - help educate me plea

Don't quote me on this but I think every model inside the Soft-lite brand can be equip for a new construction application with the proper nailing flange accessory.

o

Thanks wow. I wish my local dealer was helpful but this just isn't a high selling brand for them. I'm really kind of surprised because it seems to adequately fill the need for those that want a particular color and a value priced, good quality window.

o

I did get confirmation that all models can be used in new construction with the proper nailing flange accessory like wow said. Any opinions on which model is the better value? I'm in SC and will have plantation shutters on the inside of almost all windows so the frames won't be very visible from the inside. I do want a good looking (as good as a vinyl window can be)exterior frame. These will be going on a traditional brick house - new construction. I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

o

The Imperial LS and Elements are SL's top offerings and would be very good choices. The Imperial Pro is a step down, but offer good performance with a little bit more glass area, as does the Bainbridge.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here