Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Need to order windows but need Integrity question answered

Posted by nikkidan (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 1, 11 at 17:33

Figuring out the windows for our new house will be the death of me!!!

We had 99% decided to go with Integrity windows for our new home. I checked out a display casement window today and when I opened it, it didn't open wide enough so I could wash the outside of the window from the inside of the house. We are building a 2 story home and I don't want to crawl up a ladder to wash the 2nd story windows, so this is a bit of a necessity.

I had been told that split arm is what I needed and that it came standard on Integrity windows. Now I'm told that I need some washable hinge or egress hardware or something like that and it may not be available on Integrity.

My sister has Integrity casements and says hers open to wash from the inside...I beleive her, but will have her check when she gets home from work! haha

Can anyone help me out here? What is it I need and is there any way to get it with an Integrity casement window? I'm waiting for my person to hear from their person, and then I will know, but it is end of day now, and I'd like to have some idea before morning if anyone here knows anything.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Need to order windows but need Integrity question answ

We have just installed Integrity Wood/Ultrex windows in our home and L-O-V-E them. Though we ended up installing double hungs, we were told that the casement style would allow washing from the inside. Maybe it is different for the all Ultrex type?

o
RE: Help! Need to order windows but need Integrity question answ

Hi nikkidan! There are lots of great options with Integrity Windows and Doors (full disclosure: I work for them). You can find more info on the Integrity casement here: http://www.integritywindows.com/?page=Casement_And_Awning (Wood-Ultrex series) and http://www.integritywindows.com/?page=Casement_And_Awning_Ultrex (All Ultrex series). Your local dealer can help you out as well.

Marvin's Ultimate Casement windows do have a wash mode feature where yo u can rotate the sash towards the interior: http://www.marvin.com/windows/wood-casement-windows/features-and-benefits/.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at BeritG@marvin.com. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here