Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bede Windows

Posted by kellykath (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 28, 09 at 17:27

Has anybody body used Bede Windows in your house? We are considering them vs. Milgard. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bede Windows

I too would like to know if anyone has heard or have had any experience with these windows. I was just made aware of their products today and played around w/ their samples but just wondering on overall experience.

o
RE: Bede Windows

In case anyone was interested in this company, being in Huntington Beach, I was able to go down to their local showroom in Oceanside, CA. The product looks great. Overall I was pretty impressed with the build of the windows. What impressed me the most was their ability to make vinyl windows look like the aluminum windows.

The framing around the glass was the same thickness so you could mix and match the windows in the house (not sure why someone would but you could for some cost savings).

The biggest concern for us at this time is the time frame for delivery. Since the product is shipped from China, it requires a few more weeks for delivery. But with the significant cost savings over other brands (not too many make tilt-turn) and how they have multi-point locking mechanisms on all of their windows, there's a high likelihood of us going with this brand.

I've seen a few homes in the harbor, multi-million dollar homes with this product installed and haven't heard any complaints. The other interesting part of these windows is the dry-glazing system. I'm not too familiar with how the install goes but they mentioned something about how the installer will use the glass to level the weight of the window and the frame can be installed w/ the glass removed.

The hardware all operated well. Their lift and slide patio door system seemed adequate as well. They have a 14ft opening, 8ft tall 2 panel lift and slide in their showroom. A little on the heavy side (1/4" - 3/16" glass).

I took some pictures while I was there. It looks like they're still finishing up their showroom

Here is a link that might be useful: Bede showroom (Oceanside)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here