Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mattgts

Help Picking Vinyl Windows

MattGTS
11 years ago

I am desperate for some help. I am building a new home and have a budget of about $15,000 for the 45 windows in the home (all standard sizes). The budget includes installation which will be done through my GC. I have been looking at lowes and home depot which have Pella Thermostar and Jeld-Wen. I have also looked at some other local places for quotes. I can get them in my pricerange Thrmostar 10 series for Pella and the Premium Vinyl for Jeld-Wen.

I need a decent window, this house is already over my budget and I don't mind having to replace them in 10 years. I live in Colorado so half the year is cold and half the year is hot and LOTS of sun all year. I have a DR Horton home now and cannot find out what windows they are but they are working fine for us after 11 years. I would like a similar quality.

Every site has stats and specifications touting quality and I read these posts and see opinions range drastically. Can you please help me with what brands to look for and what to ask or avoid?

Comments (2)