Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
impact windows

Posted by Emerson11 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 11 at 17:02

If anyone has experience with impact windows for Lee County Florida, I'm looking for the following combination: awnings, mulled to casements (awnings on top),and awnings mulled to french doors, bronze aluminum, tinted class. The crank and lock on the awning must be on the bottom of the frame, so I can reach it from the floor. I have this combination in another house (Jeld Wen wood clad windows) but our designer & builders on the island say we shouldn't use wood. Does anyone know of any windows that fit the bill?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: impact windows

I would not put a tremendous amount of stock in Jeld Wen right now.

They just announced they are closing a factory.

What kind of material and look do you want? You should narrow it down from there.

o
RE: impact windows

Try this place. I have ordered old style awnings from them.

http://www.houseofwindowsinc.com/products.htm

Not to be confused with "thehouse of windows .com"

Here is a link that might be useful: house of windows inc Florida

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here