Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carotene_gw

Buried in specs! Sunrise Okna Softlite Vytex

carotene
10 years ago

Hello esteemed window aficionados!

We have 19 DH, a couple of which are pretty large. Some windows are pretty wide so i'm a bit concerned about sag and AI. All brick home in PA. All white, all w/ grids and full screens.

I've tracked down 3 very good and reputable installers in my area. No concerns about the quality of install - based solely on customer reviews on Angies List, yelp, etc. and the way each quoted the job.

I've collected all quotations and this is where i'm at:

Sunrise (no model) w/ reinforced sash upgrade: 575/opening
Okna 500: 613/opening
Okna 800: 662/opening
Vytex Fortis: 510/opening
Softlite Imperial LS: 560/opening

Which of the above is the best *value*?
The Okna 500 doesn't have reinforced meeting rails, correct? That may eliminate this option.

thanks a bunch for helping a brother out!

Comments (2)

• carotene
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Forgot to mention the Oknas are both quoted with deluxe glass

• HomeSealed
    10 years ago

You are correct that the Okna 500 series does not reinforcement, however I would not let that deter you unless you have excessively wide units. That model hits a design pressure of R50 with no reinforcement which is a rare feat for a vinyl window, and is a testament to its engineering and build quality. If you take pricing out of it and look at product alone, I'd narrow it down to a final 3 of the Okna lines and the Imperial LS. The Okna 800 is probably the nicest looking in most folks eyes, has slimmer lines (more glass area), and the best performance ratings of all of them. Is it worth $100 per window over the LS? That can be tricky to answer. Will you be well served by either choice? Yes. Does that price difference become less of a factor when you consider your choice over a potential service life of 30 +yrs? I'd say yes again.
    I have two pieces of advice for you: 1) get the best product that you can comfortably afford. You will be happier with that purchase in the end. 2) It sounds like you are considering 3 or more different dealers in this equation. This aspect is HUGE. Even though they all check out on the review sites etc, I'd encourage you to really dig deeper on this. You want a company that you can develop a relationship with, that you feel confident will deliver excellent service AFTER the sale, that you'll want to do business with again, and that you will refer with confidence to your friends and family members. Remember that those prices don't just reflect the product, but the total package in installation and company that come with them. With that being the case, any one of those five choices could truly present the best value, only you can decide.