Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old windows - what to do with them?

Posted by sunnny (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 17, 09 at 14:56

I have 2 very old windows from my Great Grandafthers old home and although they are over 100 years old and a little rickety I'd like to use them somehow. We are in the process of designing house plans to build and I'd love to be able to include these somewhere. I've thought of rebuilding them and have a friend do some stained glass and use the windows as a frame (rebuilt of course) and place them over my claw foot tub window but I'm open to any other suggestions.
It's great to be able to come here for ideas.
Sunny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old windows - what to do with them?

What size are they, we have some old windows that are DL and we use as picture frames, but would not work with a very long window.

o
RE: Old windows - what to do with them?

Check over on the trash to treasure forum and do a search "old window"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here