Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jslindq

Triple Window spacing

jslindq
11 years ago

We had a miscommunication with our builder, and the 3 living room windows are framed closer than we intended. There is 6.25" between window rough in. We wanted to have 6" of drywall between the edges of the finished window 2.25" trim, with each window cased and trimmed individually. As I see it, we have 3 options. I'd appreciate any feedback!

1. Move the windows to original desired spacing. (Obvious choice, but may not be feasible, due to timing, money and the fact that the error is partly our fault.)

2. Install individual casing and trim around the windows, similar to initial design, but the amount of drywall between window trim will be 2.75", instead of 6". Is this awkwardly close?

3. Install a casing and trim around the group of three windows and put a mulling piece between the windows. I like this look, but the moulding between the windows would be about 7". Is this too wide, especially with the standard 2.25" trim around the window? What size outer trim would balance this wide inner mulling?

Thanks for your help!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio