Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nmjoe_gw

Milgard Tuscany vs. Champion

NMJoe
11 years ago

Hi,

We have been researching and looking at windows for the last few weeks. We do have a limited budget to replace the old Alenco aluminum windows in our house, so we are going with vinyl.

I have done my best to research the vinyl windows recommended on this forum, but unfortunately all the top contenders are not available here in Albuquerque, NM. Based on this fact, we narrowed our choices to Simonton 7300, Champion and Milgard Tuscany. We had to rule out the Simonton because the only authorized retailer in our area has a bad reputation and has recently been in financial trouble.

This leaves us with the Milgard Tuscany and the Champion.

The Champion window seemed fairly well built in both slider and casement styles, but nothing great. We got the whole dog and pony show, pressure sales tactics, etc. The biggest turnoff was the store manager telling me that he can't break his quote down by window because it would be too much work and "we just don't do that".

The Tuscany in vertical and horizontal slider configuration seemed less sturdy than the Champion, and we didn't like the non-cam lock system they use. However, their casements seem to be much more solid than their other operators. We also really liked the company that sells these here, and they have a great reputation in the community for their workmanship and I am extremely confident they will do a great job on the install. However, I am a little concerned that warranty issues would go directly through Milgard and not through the company that represents their product here. Is this something I should be worried about?

Based on what you have read, which way would you go, based on the product, warranty and company reputation? Or, is there another window in the same price class that I can get in Albuquerque that I need to consider? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Joe

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths