Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
specialgranny

Opinions of Champion Windows

specialgranny
10 years ago

I was wondering if anyone can comment on anything about champion windows. My husband and I are planning to replace our 25 year old vinyl replacement windows with new ones. We have about 15 casement style windows on our 60 year old home. We live in southwestern Indiana. We have several replacement window businesses in our area, so we have lots of choices. Thanks!

Comments (11)

• millworkman
    10 years ago

If you have lots of choices keep looking as Champion is pretty low on the scale. Okna, Softlite, Sunrise and Polaris are some of the better and more popular brands withe the pro's here.

• NMJoe
    10 years ago

I could not agree more with millworkamn. I live in the SW US, and Champion is one of the better choices available here, which is a VERY sad statement. After replacing our upstairs windows last year with Milgard (I'm not very happy with the casements/awnings), we are looking to replace the downstairs windows, and are faced with some of the worst of the worst, based on my readings on this and other sites. I wish I had the options available out east (Okna, Softlite, Sunrise, etc.). If you have any of these options, go with them! Spend the money once, not twice. I only wish these companies would look west and start offering their products here. A very sad state of affairs. Good luck in your search!

Joe

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

Pocket sill is an automatic disqualifier in my book.

• specialgranny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much for the advice! My husband and I have decided on Softlite Elements windows. When I was a lurker on this forum I noticed that Softlite was recommended a lot, however he really wanted to check out Champion. We went to our local Champion store and talked with them, but long story short, decided on the Elements from Softlite. We are paying about $800.00 per window installed but I feel confident we made a good choice. Besides, it is our goal to spend as much as we can of our children's inheritance before we die, lol ! Thanks again.

• specialgranny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much for the advice! My husband and I have decided on Softlite Elements windows. When I was a lurker on this forum I noticed that Softlite was recommended a lot, however he really wanted to check out Champion. We went to our local Champion store and talked with them, but long story short, decided on the Elements from Softlite. We are paying about $800.00 per window installed but I feel confident we made a good choice. Besides, it is our goal to spend as much as we can of our children's inheritance before we die, lol ! Thanks again.

• PRO
    10 years ago

Great choice and miles, miles ahead of the Champion window.

Glad you did your research and wound up getting a much better deal and window for your home in the end.

• mmarse1
    10 years ago

Elements by soft lite is probably the best or one of the best windows available. soft lite left no stone unturned when they designed that window; they also utilize the best materials in that window, nothing generic or low cost.
    Great choice.

• HomeSealed
    10 years ago

Agreed, great window. Top 3 vinyl window IMO along with the Okna 800 and Sunrise Restorations. It will serve you well for a long time.

• PRO
    10 years ago

Mr. Johnson is right....Who knows the movie reference. Here is the hint....

• millworkman
    10 years ago

Good morning madam, ain't it a lovely day!! One of my favorite movies!!!

• PRO
    10 years ago

Mel Brooks was so good back in the day.