Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Win-Dor in Southern California?

Posted by the_big_bad (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 3, 11 at 12:36

Does anyone have experience with Windor? It's a company based in Southern California that apparently manufactures its own windows. I wonder how their product compares to Milgard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Win-Dor in Southern California?

look up their BBB... search for reviews... ask for customer testimonials...

Make sure it have a good warranty (after reading it) has a good u-value (under .30) , looks nice , and doesn't use string pulleys or lubricated pieces.

90% of all replacement windows look the same.

o

What is wrong with a "string pulley"?

o

a "string pulley" is exactly that string. who whats to spend thousands on windows that operate with string lol

is that a serious question?

o

Most high end windows use "string pullys". The only people I ever her bashing them are those who really know nothing about windows except what they were taught to parrot by their handlers in sales training class.

In 30 years in this business I have never seen a string that broke. Do you have any idea what the tensile strength is of a "string pulley? Did you know that "string pulleys" are factory tested to 40,000 openings? The only failures 've seen have been due to a manufacturer who failed to secure it to the frame. I can however tell you I've seen more failures of constant force balancers. Did you know that constant force is tested to 4,000 openings? However, either system should give a homeowner trouble free service for the life of the window.

You need to report this new information back to your sales training handlers so they can come up with better ways for you to "kill" the competition. This tactic doesn't work on anyone who knows anything about windows. It does work on the feeble-minded, however.

o

+1

This guy is a complete dope skydawggy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here