Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starmark/OKNA Replacement Windows vs. Anderson?

Posted by snaupal (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 07 at 11:37

We met with a salesman yesterday who quoted us a price for 13 double hung windows, 2 picture windows and a sliding glass door. Price was about $17,000. He was heavily pushing the Starmark windows by OKNA, and they did look impressive and extremely well made. However, my husband and I have never heard of them, and a Google search turned up not much other than several PA companies that carry them. Does anyone have these windows that can vouch for them?

Our other quote was for about $18,000 for Anderson Woodrite replacement windows. Any comments on these windows?

Thanks!

Beth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starmark/OKNA Replacement Windows vs. Anderson?

Okna Starmark is a high end window that has great performance numbers. i know it beats out Anderson in performance.

o

Snaupal

The prices you got for the Okna are way to high assuming an uncomplicated installation. Get a few more estimates on either the Okna or a few other highly rated vinyl windows. Also you don't need some so-called window expert who will surely steer you towards the Andersen Woodwright. Additionally the claim that the Okna Starmark is the most energy efficient widow available is a true claim. Something I would expect a window expert to know.

o

Okna starmark is a very solid well designed window.
Its also one of the most energy efficient available. Its expensive but worth the investment. Its definitely a much better performer than andersen or pella.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here