Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ldg4511_gw

new construction windows

ldg4511
13 years ago

I am planning on building a home this spring and am trying to find a quality window. One builder uses superseal vinyl windows. Does anyone have any experience with this window?

Comments (10)

• skydawggy
    13 years ago

Superseal is an OK mid grade window. Not a great performer. I would compare some other brands before going with Superseal.

• ldg4511
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have heard good things about marvin integrity and pella impervia. Are there any vinyl windows that might compare to these? We are looking for double hung window with the possibility of sdls

• millworkman
    13 years ago

Integrity by Marvin is a very good window, Anything by Pella not so much. Search this site for other opinions as well.

• ldg4511
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Does anyone know about mw/plygem windows? I was just on they're website looking at the pro 300 double hung. It says they have cellular pvc exterior components with vinyl sash's. Is the cellular pvc any better than vinyl?

• jocobe
    13 years ago

From a service standpoint, I've had nothing but problems trying to obtain parts for M&W Windows. One job had many pieces of glass on TDL units spontaneously break due to argon leakage. When they sent replacement glass, the LowE was a different color. Just recently tried to replace DH sash, and a direct set half-round. I received a half dozen parts before they got it right. Also, their warranty isn't so great. I would recommend higher end Marvin or Andersen windows. Andersen Woodwrights are very nice!

• skydawggy
    13 years ago

If you are looking for vinyl windows, my short list is PGT, Simonton, Softlite, Gorell and Sunrise.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    13 years ago

Vinyl - Gorell, Okna, PGT, Simonton, Soft-Lite, and Sunrise is my short list.

Fiberglass - Marvin Infinity/Integrity

Wood - Andersen 400

• ldg4511
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for the responses. I went out yesterday to two retailers, one who is an okna dealer, the other Marvin Integrity. The Okna salesman had a lot of information to offer about the quality and construction of the window. He was pushing for the 500 series Deluxe package because he said it was the best bang for the buck. They really seemed like a quality window with good thermal ratings. The Marvin Integrety salesman did not have nearly as much information on the window other than it was a really good window because it was Marvin. I think I like the look of the Marvin window better than the okna but the thermal ratings of the okna are better. Now I don't have exact sizes or window count from the architect yet but the Okna dealer said I could expect to pay roughly $330.00 per window and the Marvin salesman said about $350.00 per window. I would have thought the Marvin would have been more. Do these numbers sound right?

• skydawggy
    13 years ago

No way that price is correct on the Marvins. Even without installation.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    13 years ago

I would also have him check his numbers. The Integrity is measurably cheaper than the Infinity but that seems a bit too cheap in my estimation.

Christmas came early perhaps.