Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window Manufacturer Identification

Posted by dianemarie (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 19, 08 at 11:09

I help need to figure out who my home window manufacturer is. The house was built in 2001. I have a broken seal on my thermo pane picture window and I need to determine if it is still under warranty. They are casement windows, with wood on the inside and vinyl on the outside. This window has no mullions and does not open. I do not know what type of glass was used. The only identifying information I can find is in the upper right hand corner on the vinyl that separates the two pieces of glass. It reads "P3659-008-481830 IND.COVER 2000-10-04 1 1211704 008". There are no logo's nor any other identification marks on the window or window frame. The crank mechanism on the hardware says "Truth", which I know is the hardware manufacturer, not the window manufacturer. Each window has a slightly different number but has the same number of characters. These are the numbers that they all seem to have in common "P35???-00?-481??? IND.COVER 2000-10-0? ? 121??? 00?". Yes, I have contacted the builder but they cannot find any records indicating who the windows were ordered through or who the manufacturer was. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window Manufacturer Identification

Hmmm... you have done a good job giving us a thorough description. I googled the number in the IG and got nothing.

Have you gone to other windows in the house that DO open? Looking at all 4 sides of the sash? The inside jamb? The back of the screen etc?

Where is the house? Maybe a clue there. I know you did your homework asking the builder but asking them again where MIGHT they have purchase in 2001? I doubt they bought from too many places in a fairly specific time period. At least you could go to the showroom to see if you recognize the window.

You could also post a digital pic.
Ed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here