Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin window installation

Posted by lkgarn (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 9:36

Is there anything special about the Marvin window with installation? I have a friend that works for Pella that can have his installers come out and put in the windows for us - but I really want to go with Marvin windows instead of Pella. Is there any reason not to have his Pella installers do the job (as long as they are good!).

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin window installation

Key phrase is "as long as they are good". Several questions though:

What type of Marvin windows?

Who and or what defines if they are good installers?

o

These will be replacement windows -I would like to go with wood with aluminum exterior.

That is a good question - and I dont have a good answer for that! What does define a good installer?

o

Sorry should have been more specific with my first reply. Will these be insert type replacements or rip out and install full frame units?

o

They will be rip outs. One window is wood and the frame is rotted. The other window we will be enlarging the width - so essentially full frame installs. My husband wants to stay away from vinyl - he just doesnt like the looks of them. The rest of our windows are single pane (wood inside/aluminum outside) with storm windows on the outside.

My husband is extremely handy but is not sure about doing the window installation ourselves.

o

You can download the instructions from the Marvin web site on how to install their windows. I have a couple Marvin windows coming in a week or so and I have read through the instructions and gathered what I need to do the install. The instructions are well written. The instructions show the Marvin SillGuard and it looks like a good thing to install in a wood wall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here