Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hurricane impact window comparisons (pgt versus es windows)

Posted by jaradoverturf (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 29, 13 at 9:33

Hi Everyone,
First and foremost thank you very much for all of the information thus far. Very enlightening. I have done my home work and have gotten quite a few quotes but wanted to get everyone's opinion on the following. We have narrowed it down to 2 different companies, they are essentially coming in at the same price. However one company is quoting ES Windows (7/16" Impact Glass, Stainless Steel Hardware, Screens included). The other company is quoting both PGT for the 3 larger Horizontal Rollers and ECO for the 2 smaller Rollers. Also once again both of those are quoted based on 7/16" Impact Glass, Stainless Steel Hardware & Screen included as well. Each company seems be providing the same service and the same guarantees. My question is mainly how do I decide on the better option. Since I have done everything I can to make sure that I am comparing apples to apples, I am more curious if you guys would suggest going with the combo of (ECO & PGT, both manufactured here in Florida) or (ES windows, which is a company out of Colombia I believe). Being completely open the two companies that I am evaluating currently are Impact Windows & Doors versus Florida Impact. Any assistance in helping me make this confusing decision would be greatly appreciated! Hope that you are all having a very happy Thanksgiving as well! Thanks everyone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hurricane impact window comparisons (pgt versus es windows)

The PGT is a pretty solid offering

o
RE: hurricane impact window comparisons (pgt versus es windows)

I believe that Hurricane windows,provide superior protection during a violent storm. As they are attached to the integral part of the structure of a building,prevents chances of wind entering the building,something like storm shutters. Simultaneously i even let light enter a room.

--------------------------------------------
The hurricane windows fort lauderdale servers great !!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here