Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kolbe windows and doors: rustic umber

Posted by lzerarc (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 9:02

I am about to order all of the triple pane Kolbe windows and doors for my build. We are going with the Ultra EP casement and fixed windows with the glass packages tuned to my elevations. The exterior of the windows and patio doors will be coal black,and the front door will be cape cod blue. It is an 8' , 4 lite with frosted glass custom door they are also providing. We are going with their 3 point locks on all doors.I am thinking the rustic umber will look just fine/good on this blue color.

However since there is not a close dealer, I have relied purely on research, photos, samples my rep as sent to select exterior colors. One thing they did not send was hardware colors. The one included in the price is rustic umber. It is hard to find any good images of it online. Pictures always look different. I was wondering if anyone had some good pictures of rustic umber door hardware specifically.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kolbe windows and doors: rustic umber

The Hoppe site shows some pictures of the hardware as well as the Kolbe site(sure you have looked at both) I think that or the black would be a good choice with the color of your windows. Rustic Umber is the PVDF finish that matches Oil Rubbed Bronze and it matches pretty dam well in my book! Perhaps Hoppe or one of the dealers that sells Hoppe is closer to you so you could see it in person.

o
RE: Kolbe windows and doors: rustic umber

We will be using the same windows on our build next year. Do you mind sharing your cost and what percentage that ended up being of your total cost of build. I'm trying to do a preliminary line budget to see if I'm in the ball park of what I want to spend.

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here