Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crowpoint

How do we sell used windows?

crowpoint
11 years ago

We are renovating our home and will be replacing all of the windows (about 30 of them). They are mid-grade vinyl - I believe they are Simonton brand. The price of these if they were new windows is about $10k and they are around 4 yrs old. Does anyone know of a way we can sell these as our contractor removes them during our renovation?

Comments (12)

• millworkman
    11 years ago

You can try, but I doubt anyone will purchase them. Best bet is to recoup the disposal fee by giving them away on Craig's List and even that may be tough!

• HomeSealed
    11 years ago

+1. Unless they are very common sizes, you will have a hard time getting rid of them. Best bet is to put them on CL like MWM said. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will give you a few bucks, but don't expect to get anything more than pennies on the dollar.

• Gregory Jones
    3 years ago

I got used windows for sell call me at 417 844 5634 Gregory

• Window Genius
    3 years ago

find a very dumb person.

• kathryn27
    6 months ago

I have brand new windows not even delivered yet and I know I made a mistake. They are Marvin Elevate. Is there a way I can possibly sell these?

• millworkman
    6 months ago

FB Marketplace start at 50% what you paid and be prepared to drop lower.

• kathryn27
    6 months ago

I think im in trouble then. huge costly mistake i made.

• oberon476
    6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

What was the mistake, maybe it isn't insurmountable?

• kathryn27
    6 months ago

Well, its the grill size. its huge. i wanted to go with the Signature line that gave the option of different sizes but they are sooo expensive. i should have looked at the Anderson windows more closely and maybe would have chosen them instead. the problem is i love my 30 year old windows, they just don't love us anymore….failing miserably. My neighbor has the Elevates and i just recently saw them in her home. i should have done that sooner!! ugh!

• kathryn27
    6 months ago

That is a good idea. No, these are Marvin Elevate windows with a simulated divided lite, afixed to the glass. very nice window its just I wanted the Signature line with the thinner grill. I made the mistake by ordering the wrong window. Im wondering if Marvin could replace the glass. the Signature is a nicer lookimg window, closer to what I currently have.

Does anyone know if there is a contractor website that they go to, to buy product like this…my situation??

• millworkman
    6 months ago

" Im wondering if Marvin could replace the glass. "

You could ask but they will say no as the manufacture not repair unfortunately. The dealer may have someone with a shop who could do this for you.

" Does anyone know if there is a contractor website that they go to, to buy product like this…my situation?? "

FB Market Place in todays age is about all I am aware of that gets any activity.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner